HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Traffic is back to normal on Interstate-4 in Hillsborough County.
Earlier on Monday, police activity closed traffic in the westbound lanes at mile marker 2 near Interstate-275.
A Florida Highway Patrol spokesperson said the closure was due to police activity in the area.
Lakeland Police Department officers were working a felony case out of Polk County.
The officers followed a stolen vehicle on the interstate from Lakeland.
The closure caused a long backup.
No other details have been released.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- WATCH: Beloved Florida eagles Harriet, M15 incubating new egg
- FHP troopers to begin patrols in Seminole Heights today
- Pasco deputies seek help finding missing, endangered pregnant woman
- Charles Manson, whose cult slayings horrified world, dead at 83
- Tampa native, country music legend Mel Tillis dies at 85
- Coast Guard suspends search for boater who disappeared near Bradenton
- Tampa police chief discusses Seminole Heights investigation with News Channel 8
- PHOTO: Florida couple finds dead frog in Waffle House water glass