TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – The “world’s only mindful triathlon” is coming to Tampa. The Wanderlust 108 festival is scheduled for Sept. 25 in Curtis Hixon Park.
Tickets will be available May 24. You can sign up on your own or as a group. More information is available here. (Tampa ticket prices have not been posted, but tickets for Seattle are $54. A picnic lunch is sold separately.)
Wanderlust is no ordinary triathlon. The event will feature a 5K – for runners and walkers of all ability levels.
“This is a 5k (+/-) your way, so don’t sweat it. Or do,” the Wanderlust website says. “Run or walk, prance or skip, stroll or strut — we don’t mind. Just make it to the finish line”
Participants can also take part in a 75-minute yoga flow with a DJ and 30 minutes of guided meditation, rounding out the triathlon.
“Wanderlust 108 is a field day for your mind, body and soul. Hold the plastic trophy, because we have better prizes: vibrant community, self-awareness and inner peace. Community instead of competition? You can’t beat that,” the organizers explain.
The event doesn’t stop with the three components of the triathlon. There will be DJs, lawn activities including hooping and acroyoga, local food, speakers and musicians.
Here’s the event schedule:
- 7:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. Check in and get your bib for the 5K.
- 8 a.m. Grab coffee and/or snacks. There will also be craft vendors.
- 9 a.m. Join the pre-run stretch with MC Yogi, the event’s host.
- 9 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Run or walk. If you download the app Charity Miles, each of your steps will send money to a charity of your choosing.
- 11 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. It’s time for yoga – with a DJ. “Warning: dance parties may form,” the event organizers advise.
- 12:15 p.m. – 12:45 p.m. This will be the guided meditation.
- 1 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Have lunch or a snack.