TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A stabbing at a Tampa hookah lounge left a man in critical condition overnight, authorities said.
The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office put out a public plea for information after a stabbing that occurred early Wednesday morning at the Last Hour Hookah Lounge, 7544 N. Dale Mabry Hwy.
According to a sheriff’s office spokeswoman, the man was reaching down for his phone when he was stabbed in his upper body. The man’s friend drove him Advent Health Hospital, where he remains in critical condition.
It’s unclear at this time if the man was targeted or attacked at random. Nobody who was inside of the lounge at the time is cooperating with the investigation, the spokeswoman said.
“Our detectives are asking for the public’s assistance to find the person responsible for this stabbing,” said Sheriff Chad Chronister. “Any tip, big or small, could lead to answers. Please call us at (813) 247-8200 if you have any information that could help solve this case.”
This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.
- Stimulus checks: GOP, Democrats agree to restart relief talks
- Charles Barkley on defunding the police: ‘Who are Black people supposed to call? Ghostbusters?’
- Hispanic Heritage: Family band takes music to Facebook Live amid pandemic
- ‘They were waiting for him’: Man acquitted of murder is shot hours after his release from jail
- Lightning one win away from Stanley Cup title after overtime win