TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – The Florida Highway Patrol is seeking tips after a shooting and a crash that left a man with serious injuries.
According to their report, a trooper spotted the sedan off Interstate 4 and mile marker 1 early Monday morning. The driver was laying on the ground outside of the vehicle, which had been hit with several bullets.
It’s unclear if the driver was shot, but he was rushed to the hospital to be treated for serious injuries.
Investigators suspect a passenger was also inside the vehicle when the shooting occurred, but left the scene shortly after the crash.
Traffic was not affected.
Troopers are asking anyone with information regarding the incident to call 813-558-1800 or Crime Stoppers.
- US and South Korea agree on new cost-sharing deal for troops
- 6-year-old battling cancer surprised with birthday parade from first responders
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Spring conditions arrive early
- Harry, Meghan to delve into tough royal split with Oprah Sunday night
- Michigan makes homeless people vaccine-eligible