BRANDON, Fla. (WFLA) – An SUV struck and killed a teenager who was riding his bicycle in Brandon on Sunday, according to the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office.
Authorities said 16-year-old Terry Martin was crossing Parsons Avenue on his bike when he was hit by a 2000 Ford Explorer that was heading northbound.
Deputies said the driver was unable to avoid a crash and hit the left side of Martin’s bicycle. The teenager died at the scene.
The driver showed no signs of impairment and is cooperating with the investigation, according to deputies.
No charges have been filed.
- Coronavirus stories: Florida couple keeps business alive with FaceTime photoshoots
- Coronavirus: Boaters get stern warning from Pinellas officials for not following orders
- Tampa YMCA keeps Veggie Van rolling during pandemic
- Disney suspends annual passholder payments during coronavirus closure
- HBO to stream 500 hours of programming for free