TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) - A Tampa woman is facing charges after deputies say she posted a school shooting threat on her Facebook page.
Deputies say 26-year-old Juliana Cote posted a picture of a fake gun on her public Facebook page Thursday night. In the post, Cote threatened to "shoot everyone" at the nearest elementary school, according to a Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office spokesperson.
8 On Your Side has confirmed this is the post related to the investigation:
"I used to believe that guns were only for men, and stable rational people," Cote wrote in her post. "But I, Juliana Joy Cote, a unipolar manic autistic, got this lil [sic] sucker here. For FREE! and did nothing to get it."
In the post, Cote refers to the fake gun as the "Lil Tiny Gun of Evil Evilness" and says, "Call 911 cause im [sic] heading to the nearest elementary school now."
Once the sheriff's office was notified of the post, they went to her home to speak with her. According to a news release, Cote lives on West Lambright Street, in "close proximity" to Egypt Lake Elementary School.
Deputies say Cote admitted to writing the Facebook post. She was arrested for written threats to commit a mass shooting or terrorism and was booked into the Falkenburg Road Jail.
- 34 Pepin students injured in bus crash on field trip
- Fire lieutenant arrested for human trafficking, sex crimes against children
- Pasco woman accused of hitting man with pot for fishing too much
- Radio host Bubba the Love Sponge is off the air
- Outrage after woman charged in deadly bus push freed on bond
- Image copyright 2019 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- World's Strongest Man competition finals held in Florida for first time
- Fire rescue investigating fatal house fire in Shady Hills
- Fire crews investigating house fire in Lutz
- Coast Guard investigating small engine room fire on StarShip cruise in Tampa