TAMPA (WFLA) – Tampa police are searching for a suspect following a fatal shooting Thursday evening.
Detectives tell News Channel 8, the shooting took place in the 1000 block of North Bay Street.
Police say a pregnant woman and male friend were at a home when the father of the unborn child arrived at the home.
According to police, the father got into an altercation with the male friend and ended up shooting him.
The man was found dead when officers arrived on scene.
Officers are currently searching for the suspect who is considered armed and described as a Hispanic male 35-40 years of age, wearing a dark blue sweatshirt and dark blue pants. Residents in the area are encouraged to call 911 immediately for any suspicious activity.
This is a developing story check back for updates.
- USF men’s basketball prepares for first game of AAC Tournament, 57 days after COVID-19 paused season
- Fugitive sex offender arrested after living under alias in Pasco County for more than 20 years, U.S. marshals say
- Claimed value of sleepy NY estate could haunt Trump
- ‘The Kane Show’ host Peter Deibler dies at 43
- 3 Tampa bars and clubs have alcohol sales suspended after violating mask order