TAMPA (WFLA) – The Tampa Police Department is making changes in hopes of building better relationships and trust within the community.
In light of protests across the nation following the death of George Floyd, Tampa Police Chief Brian Dugan is establishing the Chief’s Community Advisory Team.
Chief Dugan will select 10 applicants who will serve as community liaisons and help officers build trust within the community.
“I look forward to working with people from all walks of life and to listen to their thoughts on how we police the city of Tampa,” Chief Brian Dugan said
If you would like to apply click here.
MORE TOP STORIES
- Bolts fans eager for playoff hockey after season suspended during the pandemic
- Citrus County Sheriff’s Office captain retires after 33 years of service
- Manatee deaths are up, but pandemic put limits on necropsies
- Disney World to reduce theme park hours in September
- O’ahu beaches, parks to close again until Sept. 5