TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – The Tampa Police Department has made an arrest in a shooting that killed two people and injured two others in December.
According to Tampa police, officers responded to a shooting in the area of East 7th Avenue, near North 20th Street on Dec. 26.
Four people had been shot and two later died of their injuries.
During the investigation, detectives identified Livonte Howard, 22, as a suspect.
Detectives found him at a home on Hunters Haven Boulevard in Riverview on Monday.
Officers saw him leave, then re-enter the home, and gave several loud, verbal commands for Howard to leave the home with his hands up.
Howard eventually left the home and was taken into custody without incident.
He was taken to the Hillsborough County Jail and charged with first degree murder, attempted first degree murder and aggravated battery.
Anyone who believes they may have information related to this case is asked to contact CrimeStoppers of Tampa Bay at 800-873-TIPS.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- USF students to protest school budget cuts, changes to Bright Futures
- Exclusive witness video shows Uber driver bitten, scratched, choked in Pinellas County
- Miami to South Texas: Sailors hope to train future Mars astronauts, dock near SpaceX
- Out of sight but center stage, jurors weigh Derek Chauvin’s fate in George Floyd death
- Truck driver arrested in Rhode Island after police find missing teen girl in sleeping compartment