TAMPA (WFLA) – Tampa Mayor Jane Castor helped prove that once you’re an officer, you’re always an officer after she assisted in an arrest of a burglary suspect.
The former Tampa chief of police noticed a suspicious person repeatedly circling the area of North Adah Avenue and West Hiawatha Street on a bicycle and appeared to be casing houses.
Mayor Castor contacted Tampa police’s communications office and officers were able to conduct a traffic stop with the man.
According to a press release, police say Jesse Hickman was traced back to a previously attempted burglary on Oct. 20. Hickman was taken into custody and admitted to the burglary.
Hickman has been charged with burglary of an unoccupied structure, possession of a controlled substance, and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Beware of carnivorous hammerhead worms wreaking havoc on lawns
- TRACKING THE TROPICS: Tropical Depression 16 forms in the Atlantic
- North Port community holds candlelight vigil for Gabby Petito
- ‘I wanted to support her’: Barber shaves own head to comfort woman battling breast cancer
- COVID-19 variants: What happens when we finish the Greek alphabet?