TAMPA (WFLA) – Tampa Mayor Jane Castor helped prove that once you’re an officer, you’re always an officer after she assisted in an arrest of a burglary suspect.
The former Tampa chief of police noticed a suspicious person repeatedly circling the area of North Adah Avenue and West Hiawatha Street on a bicycle and appeared to be casing houses.
Mayor Castor contacted Tampa police’s communications office and officers were able to conduct a traffic stop with the man.
According to a press release, police say Jesse Hickman was traced back to a previously attempted burglary on Oct. 20. Hickman was taken into custody and admitted to the burglary.
Hickman has been charged with burglary of an unoccupied structure, possession of a controlled substance, and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Dr. Fauci bobblehead unveiled, portion of proceeds going to 100 Million Masks Challenge
- Social Security beneficiaries won’t have to file tax return to get stimulus checks
- Economic fallout mounts, along with competition for gear
- Coronavirus in Florida: State has below-average number of health care workers
- Tampa doctor expresses fear of catching and spreading COVID-19 to patients, children