TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A garbage truck driver in Tampa helped reunite a lost toddler with his parents Tuesday after he was found alone in a park.
Robert Riley was in the Lazydays RV Resort, located at 6210 County Road in Seffner, when he noticed a young child wandering alone in a park near a roadway.
Riley watched the toddler for several minutes and when no parent came, he approached the barefoot boy, took his hand and called 911.
When a Hillsborough County deputy arrived, they worked with resort security to help return the 2-year-old boy safely to his parents.
According to Waste Management, drivers are trained in a program called Waste Watch to “act as an extra set of eyes and ears for law enforcement and emergency personnel in their communities, and report emergencies or any unusual activity that see during their routes.”
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Gov. DeSantis to hold press conference in Melbourne Beach
- Hillsborough Co. deputy shot, hospitalized in barricaded standoff
- Bystander tackles minister accused of touching child inappropriately at Oklahoma bus stop
- Passenger on JetBlue flight tried to storm cockpit, choke flight attendant with necktie, FBI says
- Which states are you most likely to die in an animal attack?