TAMPA (WFLA) — A security guard shot and killed a man while breaking up a fight outside the Aqua Lounge in Tampa early Sunday morning.
The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office said a fight broke out in the parking lot at 4203 Waters Avenue after the Aqua Lounge closed for the night.
Two security guards responded to the fight to attempt to break it up. During the altercation, one of the patrons reportedly pulled out a gun, which is when one of the security guards shot and killed him.
Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office said the security guard is cooperating with detectives and the investigation is ongoing.
- Storm Team 8 Forecast: Gradually Warming Through The Weekend
- Navy fires captain who sought help for virus-stricken ship
- Westchase pizza place donates food to TGH workers on frontline of coronavirus battle
- Tigers housed at Joe Exotic’s former zoo now ‘thriving’
- Coronavirus response: Feeding Tampa Bay partners with celebrity chef for weekly Facebook series