TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) - Organizers have canceled the Sunset Musical Festival Sunday due to weather from Subtropical Storm Alberto.
The storm is supposed to bring heavy rains and high winds to the Tampa Bay area Sunday. Just before 1 p.m., the Tampa Sports Authority announced the second day of the annual music festival at Raymond James Stadium was canceled.
Organizers say they consulted Tampa police and firefighters when making the decision.
The decision to cancel was, "based on the fact Sunday's weather poses a serious risk to the health, safety and welfare of Sunset Music Festival attendees."
The Sunset Music Festival team says it will release instructions on the refund process as soon as possible on SMFtampa.com.
"We are truly saddened by this decision, however, your safety is our number one priority," the team said in a statement. "We hope to see you next year for SMF 2019."
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Massachusetts pickup truck driver cited for playing real life Tetris
- PACE financing practices come under fire from Hillsborough commission after 8 On Your Side report
- Sheriff criticizes Sarasota County Schools' security plan
- Suspects empty vacuum box, stuff it with Blu-Rays, Playstation devices at Wesley Chapel Walmart