TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — UPDATE 3 P.M.: Tampa police say divers have found the body of a man in the water.
ORIGINAL STORY: Crews are searching for a man who reportedly went missing while swimming near the Beach Park neighborhood of South Tampa, according to police.
Police said multiple witnesses reported seeing a man struggling to stay afloat and yelling for help about 100 yards southwest of 33 South Treasure Drive in Culbreath Bayou shortly before 11 a.m.
Police said recovery efforts are currently underway. Tampa police, Tampa Fire Rescue, a dive team and a helicopter are searching for the man.
This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.
- Police: Woman covered care-dependent husband with kitty litter after accident
- Protests, looting in Philadelphia after police fatally shoot Black man Walter Wallace Jr.
- Student, bus driver killed in school bus crash in Tennessee
- Trump campaign says website briefly ‘defaced’
- It’s a hoax: Facebook post offers free Chick-fil-A gift basket