TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A woman was left with minor injuries after she was struck by a train in Tampa, police said.
The accident happened in the area of Lake Avenue and 30th Street early Monday morning. The train was traveling 10 to 15 miles per hour.
Police said the train’s engineer saw the woman standing on the tracks and hit the breaks, but was unable to avoid a collision.
The woman was taken to Tampa General Hospital with minor injuries.
Further information was not immediately available.
- Dramatic video shows man falling out of moving SUV onto busy roadway in Louisiana
- Florida State Fair 2021 tickets now on sale
- President Trump rallies in Georgia ahead of Senate runoffs
- Where are you in the vaccine line? NY Times tool has an estimate
- What did you listen to most this year? Spotify and Apple Music provide personalized 2020 review