TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Three drivers were arrested Wednesday night after allegedly engaging in a street race down Dale Mabry Highway.
The trio was pulled over near Spruce Street around midnight after they were clocked going 85 mph in a 45 mph zone.
“During the incident, all three vehicles reached speeds in excess of 90 MPH,” police said on social media.
Their cars were impounded.
Christopher Angel Crawford, 19, Danyelle Marie Merrill, 21, and Miriam Melissa Perez, 24 were each arrested and charged with unlawful racing on a highway and booked into a Hillsborough County jail.
Crawford was released without bail, and Merrill and Perez were released after posting $500 bail each, according to online jail records.
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Rain chances to slowly fade, drier trend to take over
- One of Great Wallendas passes away, family says
- Tampa mayor, police chief rappel down Hilton to raise awareness for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Tampa Bay
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 4,690 new cases, 98 new deaths
- Cap gas prices: 6 ways to save on gasoline