TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Two people are dead after a shooting in Tampa on Halloween morning, police say.
Tampa police responded to West Walnut Street just before 7:15 a.m. Thursday and say they found a man and a woman with gunshot wounds.
The man died at the scene. The woman was rushed to the hospital. In a news release sent Thursday afternoon, police said she died from her injuries.
Officers have not released the identities of the victims yet because they are still in the process of notifying family members.
It’s unclear whether police have a suspect in custody.
“It is early in this investigation and information is still being gathered,” Tampa police spokesman Eddy Durkin said in a press release.
- Lottery drawing for dogs seized happening Thursday
- Small Tampa Bay area airports work to prevent fueling mistakes
- Tampa Bay marching band to play at Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
- NFL teams invited to Colin Kaepernick private workout this weekend
- 53 things you may (or may not) know about the CMA Awards