TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Two people are dead after a shooting in Tampa on Halloween morning, police say.
Tampa police responded to West Walnut Street just before 7:15 a.m. Thursday and say they found a man and a woman with gunshot wounds.
The man died at the scene. The woman was rushed to the hospital. In a news release sent Thursday afternoon, police said she died from her injuries.
Officers have not released the identities of the victims yet because they are still in the process of notifying family members.
It’s unclear whether police have a suspect in custody.
“It is early in this investigation and information is still being gathered,” Tampa police spokesman Eddy Durkin said in a press release.
- Democrats cancel Texas event after Trump supporters surround, follow Biden bus
- Obama to visit Florida day before Election Day for Joe Biden
- $1,200 direct payments: Americans blame both parties for stimulus check stalemate
- US citizen kidnapped in Niger rescued in American military operation
- Last day to vote early in these Tampa Bay area counties