TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Tampa police have opened a homicide investigation after a shooting victim succumbed to his injuries.
Police said the shooting happened Tuesday around 7 p.m. in the area of Jefferson Street and Stratford Avenue.
Police said officers were investigating a crash nearby when they heard gunshots and found the man with injuries.
He was rushed to an area hospital, where he later died.
Police said a woman also arrived at a local hospital with gunshot wounds, but her injuries are said to be non-life-threatening.
Investigators do not believe the shooting was a random incident.
They’re asking anyone with information to call Crime Stoppers of Tampa Bay at 800.873.TIPS.
- $13B aid package to help Puerto Rico 3 years after Hurricane Maria took too long, Democrats say
- Trump says ‘every American’ should have coronavirus vaccine by April 2021
- Silver alert issued for missing Largo woman
- Possible ‘Title Town’? Tampa Bay sports fan revel in exciting seasons for local teams
- Tampa man now homeless due to unemployment system failures