TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A man is dead and a woman is battling serious injuries after a stabbing in South Tampa, police say.
Officers were called to a home on West Granada Street just after 7 p.m. on Thursday. When they got to the scene, they say they found a man and a woman with multiple stab wounds.
A family spokesperson tells 8 On Your Side, 51-year-old Alexander Kaptzan and 55-year-old Ivette Kaptzan were stabbed by their son 21-year-old Anthony Kaptzan.
Both the father and mother were rushed to Tampa General Hospital. The father died at the hospital. While the mother is in critical condition, according to police.
Kaptzan was arrested and taken to Tampa General for hand injuries that police say he suffered “while committing the offense.”
Kaptzan is charged with second-degree murder with a weapon and attempted second-degree murder. Tampa police have not confirmed the family relationship due to Marsy’s law.
This is a developing story, please check back for updates.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Police make nearly 1,400 arrests in 17 cities as protests continue
- Video: Tampa police end jewelry store looting
- Sheriff joins peaceful protest in Flint, Michigan
- STORM TEAM 8 FORECAST: Hot with a few isolated storms this afternoon
- Launch gives spectators pride, reprieve from troubled times