TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – What started as a fun night out, celebrating a new job ended with a mother mourning the death of her youngest son.
Aspiring football coach Dyante Neal had his life’s plans all falling into place, according to his mom, Dionne Neal.
Last Wednesday night, the 25-year-old went out with friends in Ybor City. When around 2:30 a.m. on 7th Avenue started to pick a fight with him, over a girl.
Even though Neal says her son tried to diffuse the situation another man came out of nowhere, and punched him.
Dyante hit the pavement and lost consciousness, by the time his mom got to the hospital he was brain dead. Doctors took him off life support five days later.
“It’s just hard for me to even understand that he’s not coming back,” Neal said.
On Friday, Tampa police arrested 32-year-old Justin Jasper for dealing the deadly blow. The fitness model now facing manslaughter charges.
“I can’t understand why I probably never will understand why… I want him to be punished to the fullest extent of the law there is no forgiveness in me in this moment,” Neal said.
Justin Jasper remains in jail tonight on a $250,000 bond. Court records show he was recently charged with battery in Miami.
- Monarch butterfly population moves closer to extinction
- NYC teacher arrested after flying to Tampa to have sex with minor, deputies say
- Ted Cruz vs. Seth Rogen: Republican Texas senator and actor take shots over Twitter
- Video shows police car plow through crowd of pedestrians at street race
- 2 Tampa Bay teens charged with 5 counts of attempted homicide after drive-by shooting