TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Authorities say a man was driving under the influence on Dale Mabry Highway and caused a wrong-way crash that sent one person to the hospital.
The accident happened near the intersection of North Dale Mabry Highway and Hillsborough Avenue around 3 a.m. Monday.
Tampa police said 47-year-old Juan Valentin Ramirez-Checo was driving the wrong way when he hit another vehicle.
One person was rushed to the hospital. The extent of their injuries is unknown.
Ramirez-Checo remained at the scene to speak with investigators. He was later arrested for DUI with personal injury.
Further information was not available.
- Miami GP to join F1 calendar from 2022 in 10-year deal
- Search for 9 missing from capsized boat in Gulf on 6th day
- Texas dog receives award after saving his owner’s life
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Thunderstorms to last through start of work week
- Half of US adults have received at least one COVID-19 shot