TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Authorities say a man was driving under the influence on Dale Mabry Highway and caused a wrong-way crash that sent one person to the hospital.
The accident happened near the intersection of North Dale Mabry Highway and Hillsborough Avenue around 3 a.m. Monday.
Tampa police said 47-year-old Juan Valentin Ramirez-Checo was driving the wrong way when he hit another vehicle.
One person was rushed to the hospital. The extent of their injuries is unknown.
Ramirez-Checo remained at the scene to speak with investigators. He was later arrested for DUI with personal injury.
Further information was not available.
- HART to reduce bus service during coronavirus outbreak
- Trump administration rules gun shops ‘essential’ amid virus
- Stranded cruise ship hit by virus begs Florida to dock
- US nears China’s virus death toll as New York calls for help
- STORM TEAM 8 FORECAST: Scattered showers overnight with cold front