TAMPA (WFLA) – A HART passenger is in custody after police say he cut a bus driver multiple times in the leg with a box-cutter.
According to Tampa police, the attack happened at Westbound Waters Avenue and North 9th Street when there was a dispute over a bus fare.
Police say the driver was pepper-sprayed and then allegedly stabbed with a box cutter multiple times in the leg.
8 On Your Side has been told the driver is currently in stable condition and police have taken the James Ambrose, 65, into custody.
Tampa police tell us the bus did not have a driver safety barrier.
Ambrose faces one count of aggravated battery with great bodily harm. He is currently still in jail on $15,000 bond.
- Child dies after Christmas parade accident in Tennessee
- Tampa Bay motorcycle group pays tribute to young rider killed following collision with HART bus
- North Port police asking for community’s help in identifying sexual battery suspect
- Florida officer charged with violating women’s civil rights
- Utah tosses thousands of gallons of beer after law change