TAMPA (WFLA) – A HART passenger is in custody after police say he cut a bus driver multiple times in the leg with a box-cutter.
According to Tampa police, the attack happened at Westbound Waters Avenue and North 9th Street when there was a dispute over a bus fare.
Police say the driver was pepper-sprayed and then allegedly stabbed with a box cutter multiple times in the leg.
8 On Your Side has been told the driver is currently in stable condition and police have taken the James Ambrose, 65, into custody.
Tampa police tell us the bus did not have a driver safety barrier.
Ambrose faces one count of aggravated battery with great bodily harm. He is currently still in jail on $15,000 bond.
- Southwest Airlines announces furlough for hundreds in Orlando
- Here’s when you can see the ‘Christmas Star’ for the first time in 800 years
- California sheriff who refused to enforce COVID-19 order tests positive for virus
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 10,431 new cases, resident deaths surpass 19,000
- WATCH LIVE: Police provide details after woman charged in 2003 Stickney Township cold case of newborn twins