TAMPA (WFLA) – A HART passenger is in custody after police say he cut a bus driver multiple times in the leg with a box-cutter.
According to Tampa police, the attack happened at Westbound Waters Avenue and North 9th Street when there was a dispute over a bus fare.
Police say the driver was pepper-sprayed and then allegedly stabbed with a box cutter multiple times in the leg.
8 On Your Side has been told the driver is currently in stable condition and police have taken the James Ambrose, 65, into custody.
Tampa police tell us the bus did not have a driver safety barrier.
Ambrose faces one count of aggravated battery with great bodily harm. He is currently still in jail on $15,000 bond.
- Pedestrian fatally struck by vehicle in Pinellas County
- Florida state parks to follow local mask orders, Caladesi Island Park temporarily closed
- Bond denied for woman charged in connection with Spc. Vanessa Guillen’s murder
- Man wins $2M lottery after clerk gives him wrong ticket
- Fans to be allowed to attend next month’s NASCAR races in Daytona