TAMPA (WFLA) – Tampa police closed the Platt Street Bridge Wednesday evening after a vehicle flipped.
The crash happened near Ashley Drive and Channelside Drive.
Police say the driver was the only occupant of the car and has been taken to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries
Authorities believe that alcohol may have played a roll in the crash, however, the driver is in the hospital and has not been charged. The bridge and lanes of traffic have since reopened.
- ‘They were waiting for him’: Man acquitted of murder is shot hours after his release from jail
- Lightning one win away from Stanley Cup title after overtime win
- Oklahoma mom warns of the dangers of open-air carbon monoxide poisoning after her son dies after a day on the lake
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Warm and humid weekend with scattered PM storms
- Friday Night Blitz: Largo Packers vs Palmetto Tigers