TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Police are investigating after a HART bus hit a pedestrian in downtown Tampa Thursday night.
Tampa police responded to Cass Street and Tampa Street just before 8 p.m. for the crash involving the bus and a pedestrian.
Officers tell 8 On Your Side the person who was hit was taken to a nearby hospital. That person was reported to be conscious and breathing.
No details have been released yet about how old the pedestrian is or what they were doing when they were hit.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Tampa Bay deaf community facing challenges amid mask mandates
- Navy SEALs cut ties with Florida museum following video of K-9s attacking ‘Colin Kaepernick stand-in’
- Elderly driver crashes into home in Kenneth City, police say
- George Floyd’s family lawyer files lawsuit following grandmother’s 2019 CBD arrest at Magic Kingdom
- McCoy on Tom Brady in Tampa: ‘How do you beat that?’