TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A man was not using a crosswalk when he was struck by a car on U.S. Highway 92 on Thursday, authorities said.
The collision occurred on Highway 92 near the Walton Way Intersection at about 8:12 a.m.
The Florida Highway Patrol said a 2009 Ford was heading east on Highway 92 and tried to turn left on Walton Way when it crashed into 48-year-old Rafael Crescente as he was walking south across the westbound lanes of the roadway.
Crescente suffered serious injuries and was rushed to Tampa General Hospital. His current condition is unknown.
Further information was not immediately available.
- Family of bystander killed in Florida shootout wants answers
- ‘Choose Topeka’; Kansas town will pay you up to $15,000 just to move there
- Osprey teen with cystic fibrosis gets surprise of a lifetime
- Thousands of ‘penis fish’ wash onto Bay Area beach
- Wave Watch: Drier air arrives behind cold front and storms Saturday afternoon