TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A pedestrian is in critical condition after they were hit by a semi-truck in Tampa early Wednesday morning, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
The accident happened shortly after 3 a.m. in the eastbound lanes of Causeway Boulevard near Windemere Oaks Lane.
The Florida Highway Patrol said the unidentified man was walking across Causeway Boulevard when he was struck by a Freightliner semi-truck.
The 32-year-old suffered serious injuries and was taken to Tampa General Hospital, where he is listed in critical condition.
Further information was not immediately available.
- Ash-covered St. Vincent braces for more volcanic eruptions
- Meadows, Arozarena homer, AL champ Rays beat Yankees 4-0
- From gift cards to cash: these fitness apps pay you to get in shape
- Charles: Royal family ‘deeply grateful’ for world’s support
- What a car’s ‘black box’ records and how to check if your vehicle has one