TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – An 82-year-old woman was fatally struck by a tow truck in Tampa on Thursday afternoon.
The incident happened on South 50th Street and South 15th Street at about 2:15 p.m.
The Florida Highway Patrol said Ilida Alonso of Tampa was walking across the southbound lanes of 50th Street and went into the path of a tow truck that was transporting two vehicles. It’s unclear if she was using a crosswalk.
The tow truck hit Alonso, who died at the scene.
Charges are pending, according to the report.
This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.
- Sonic adds Halloween-inspired drinks to its menu
- One win away: Lightning look to bring home Stanley Cup in Game 5 against Stars
- PHOTOS: Trump formally nominates Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court
- Largest California wildfire threatens marijuana-growing area
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Summerlike for now, front brings big changes next week