HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — As two Hillsborough County deputies were responding to a pedestrian vs. vehicle crash, the sheriff’s office said they ran over the same pedestrian, who was already dead.
The incident happened around 4 a.m. Sunday on Hillsborough Avenue near George Road.
Officials said a 27-year-old Orlando man walked onto Hillsborough Avenue and was struck by a 41-year-old Summerfield woman driving east. The woman reported the crash and is cooperating with authorities.
As two Hillsborough deputies responded to the crash, both of them hit the same pedestrian still lying in the middle of the road, officials said.
The Florida Highway Patrol said the pedestrian had already been killed in the first collision.
The two deputies, 24 and 25 years old, have been with HCSO since January and May of 2019. FHP will conduct the crash investigation.
- FHP: Child dies after being hit by pickup truck on Sunshine Skyway Fishing Pier
- Historic, maybe haunted, 1928 jail for sale in Florida
- What’s the ‘best state’? Poll ranks U.S. states from best to worst
- 1 hospitalized after small plane makes emergency landing in Venice country club pond
- Food Network recipe for popcorn and mayo salad is going viral