HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – More than $2,500 worth of youth football equipment was stolen from the Thonotosassa Football Complex, according to the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office.
The sheriff’s office said at some point between 8:40 p.m. on July 30 and 8:30 a.m. Aug. 1, an unidentified person or people entered the building that houses football equipment.
A combination padlock that secured an interior room containing additional equipment was cut.
The sheriff’s office said approximately 25 shoulder pads and 10 football helmets were stolen.
The equipment was privately owned. The complex did not have security cameras.
Anyone with information is asked to call the sheriff’s office at 813-247-8200.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Stanley Cup celebrations: MacDill Air Force Base to honor Lightning with Tampa Flyover
- How to get a $10 credit to spend on any purchase during Amazon Prime Day
- Could cats hold the key to a COVID-19 vaccine?
- Father accused of letting 13-year-old drive them to get ice cream while he was drunk
- Woman will have multiple plastic surgeries to look like Kamala Harris, Texas surgeon says