TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A police officer was hospitalized as a precaution after a driver ran a stop sign and hit their patrol car in Tampa this morning.
Police said the driver ran a stop sign on West Cleveland Street and South Dakota Avenue. The officer had the right of way.
The officer’s vehicle spun around and its airbags deployed. The officer was not injured, but was taken to the hospital as a precaution. The other driver refused treatment.
Further information was not immediately available.
- Lawmakers say Congress could strike deal on overall government funding this week
- Hillsborough deputy injured in ambush attack released from hospital
- Inflation, economy: What GOP presidential candidates say they will do
- Canadian brand to pay for your real maple syrup at American restaurants
- Florida woman set Tinder date on fire over $60, police say