TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A police officer was hospitalized as a precaution after a driver ran a stop sign and hit their patrol car in Tampa this morning.
Police said the driver ran a stop sign on West Cleveland Street and South Dakota Avenue. The officer had the right of way.
The officer’s vehicle spun around and its airbags deployed. The officer was not injured, but was taken to the hospital as a precaution. The other driver refused treatment.
Further information was not immediately available.
- President Trump says SCOTUS pick could come as early as next week
- New York to honor Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg with statue in Brooklyn
- Lightning hobbled but ready for Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final against familiar foe
- SEC announces roster, positional guidelines for cancellations
- Group issues Halloween 2020 guidelines, color-coded coronavirus risk map