LUTZ, Fla. (WFLA) – All northbound lanes of US 41 near Sunset Lane were closed Saturday because of a fatal crash in Lutz.
According to Florida Highway Patrol troopers, as 46-year-old Debra Beltramea of Lutz went to make a U-turn on northbound US 41 at Sunset Lane around 4:15 p.m., she entered the path of 35-year-old Avinash Kumar, 34-year-old Manpreet Kaur and a 1-year-old from Land O’ Lakes.
Both cars collided, causing them to rotate and eventually come to a final rest within the northbound lanes of US 41.
Beltramea suffered fatal injuries and was pronounced dead on scene.
Troopers say Kumar, Kaur and the infant did not receive any injuries.
Both drivers and passengers were wearing their seatbelts.
- Real estate reality check: What can $300K get you in Hillsborough County?
- Pedestrian seriously injured after being hit by car in Pinellas Park
- Gentlemen’s club shooting in Clearwater leaves 2 injured
- Deputies searching for missing woman last seen driving from Manatee to Hardee County
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Less humid and cooler air arrives