HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A tanker truck caught fire on U.S. Highway 301 near Rhodine Road early Wednesday morning. No one was hurt.
The Hillsborough County Fire Rescue responded to the fire around 2:30 a.m.
Fire officials say the tanker was carrying molten sulfur, but the cab’s natural gas tanks, which were venting when they arrived, were what caused the fire.
Firefighters were able to contain the blaze to the cab and there were no leaks, officials say.
The incident shut down the roadway in both directions, but all lanes have since reopened.
- VIDEO: Man injured after shoved by police during protest in Buffalo
- Local leaders fear protests may increase cases of COVID-19 as numbers begin to climb
- Democrats prepare police reform bills after Floyd’s death
- Armed man accused of throwing bean bag at St. Pete chief says he wanted to protest peacefully
- Attorneys: 2 ex-cops charged in Floyd’s death were rookies