TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) - Newly released audio in the investigation of four murders in Seminole Heights has been obtained by News Channel 8.
One audio recording is of suspected serial killer Howell Donaldson III being interviewed by a Tampa police officer after Donaldson allegedly gave a McDonalds manager a food bag with a gun inside.
Donaldson speaks calmly to the officer throughout the interview.
"I mean, if that's what you'd like me to do,” he says of going to speak to police further about the gun at headquarters.
"The only thing is... I'm just trying to get out of here so I can get back to school,” Donaldson goes on to tell the officer, apparently about his job at the Ybor City McDonald's.
"I'm just trying to get my education. I'm just trying to further my career."
He however, seemed to be focused on getting to the airport.
"I’ll stay in here and you guys can escort me to the airport and I’ll have my father come pick up the car."
Donaldson remains calm and confirms he wants to speak to Tampa police further about where he got the gun.
He is put in handcuffs and taken to police headquarters.
Donaldson is accused in the murders of Benjamin Mitchell, Monica Hoffa, Anthony Naiboa and Ronald Felton.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- 26 kids taken to hospital after getting sick at Lake Placid summer camp
- Black bear spotted in Citrus County couple's yard
- What does the future hold for immigrant children housed in Homestead?
- 2 burned in Pasco cooking fire