HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Authorities have located a missing Hillsborough County woman and her 1-year-old son.
The mother and her child —Marissa Lawrence and Clayton Cunningham, had last been seen on July 29 near Tamiami Trail in Ruskin and hadn’t been heard from since.
8 On Your Side learned through court records that the mother had filed a temporary injunction for protection against domestic violence on July 15. A hearing was scheduled for July 30.
Detectives later obtained a court-authorized “Take Into Custody” order for the child, according to the sheriff’s office.
On Tuesday morning, deputies said the mother and child were located and are safe.
Further information regarding their disappearance was not immediately available.
- Lightning host drive-thru pep rally to get fans ready for Stanley Cup Finals
- Infant survives crash that kills 25-year-old Polk County woman
- Stanley Cup: Lightning, Stars take the ice at 7:30 on News Channel 8
- Suspect in custody following fatal shooting at St. Pete gentlemen’s club
- 1 dead, 1 hospitalized in shooting at St. Pete grocery store parking lot