TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) - A new development is on the rise right off of I-275 and Dale Mabry Highway. Midtown Tampa sits on 22 acres and it’s the first mixed-use project of its kind in the Tampa Bay area.
“It has 400 apartments, 230 hotel rooms. It has over 700,000 feet of office space and it has 210,000 feet of retail space,” said CEO of The Bromley Companies, Nick Haines.
Midtown Tampa is aimed at connecting Westshore to downtown and it will have something for everyone to enjoy.
“It’s not just going to be for the people who live here or stay here. To be successful, it’s going to be about bringing people from the community in here,” said Haines.
Tampa City Councilman Joseph Citro says this $500 million site is going to be a major boost to the economy and it’s been a long time coming.
“West Tampa hasn’t felt any love in a long time, so this is going to be a great opportunity,” said Councilman Joseph Citro.
Tampa’s Mayor Jane Castor is looking forward to the impact this new district will bring the area, hoping it shines a light on what our city has to offer.
“By having these kinds of projects that other developers and other cities are going to look to replicate in their community and that’s just going to raise our profile across the nation,” Mayor Castor.
The goal is to have Midtown Tampa completed by early 2021, just in time for the Super Bowl. For more information about Midtown Tampa, click here.
- Image copyright 2019 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Oregon man arrested after disappearance of mother, young son
- Polk man sentenced to life imprisonment in kidnapping, rape of teen
- Stan Lee's former manager arrested on elder abuse charges
- Pedestrian struck by vehicle in front of Lowe's in Spring Hill