TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A man suspected of shooting at a car with a paintball gun in the Carrollwood area is being sought by deputies.
The incident happened near the intersection of Casey Road and Lowell Road at about 12:30 p.m. on Tuesday.
According to deputies, a man in a 2019 Toyota Corolla pulled up to a car and fired multiple shots at the vehicle with a paintball gun before leaving the scene.
The driver suffered minor injuries, authorities said.
Detectives were able to identify the shooter as 18-year-old Orlando Proenza Junior.
Junior is believed to reside in the Hudson area, deputies said. A warrant was issued for his arrest.
Deputies said Junior’s vehicle had tinted windows and the Florida license plate number LKTJ96.
Authorities are asking anyone with information regarding his whereabouts to call detectives at 813-247-8200 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-873-TIPS (8477).
- Hillsborough Co. offers program that catches kids up on learning missed during pandemic
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 2,795 new cases, 107 deaths
- Bucs to welcome fans back into stadium at limited capacity following executive order
- ‘Sexy COVID’ costumes won’t be made by costume maker Yandy for Halloween 2020
- ‘I have nothing left’: Sentimental items stolen from 90-year-old man while preparing to evacuate wildfire