TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Hillsborough County deputies are currently investigating a shooting that left one man in critical condition.
Deputies say two men, who know each other, arranged a meeting in front of a Dollar Tree located on West Hillsborough Avenue and “had an exchange of words.”
According to HCSO, an exchange of gunfire followed and one of the men shot at an occupied vehicle, hitting the other man.
The man shot was taken to a local hospital and is in critical condition. Deputies say he was awake and talking when he was being taken to receive medical treatment.
The suspect has been identified and located, according to deputies.
No other information has been released at this time.
Please check back for the latest updates on this story.
- WATCH LIVE: Cuomo to make announcement amid outcry over harassment allegations
- Super Bowl LV ‘wasn’t a super spreader’ event, Hillsborough Co. health officials say
- Hillsborough County expands vaccine eligibility at Ed Radice site
- New Port Richey bridal trunk show to benefit hospice patients this weekend
- Police warn of possible threat to Capitol by militia group Thursday