TAMPA (WFLA) — Police found a man who had been shot and killed inside his SUV just after midnight Sunday morning.
Hillsborough County deputies responded to gunshots in the area of 131st Avenue East and 15th Street North around 12:41 a.m. Upon arrival, deputies found a man inside dark SUV with a gunshot wound to his upper body.
The fire department responded to the scene and transported the man to a local hospital, but he later died.
“This does not appear to be a random act and there is no threat to the public at this time,” Sheriff Chad Chronister said. “Someone out there knows what happened earlier this morning, and I urge you to contact the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office with any information that could help our detectives solve this case.”
Police found a man who had been shot and killed inside his SUV just after midnight Sunday morning.
If you have any information, you’re asked to call the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office at (813) 247-8200.
- Florida wildlife refuge to take 30 former circus elephants
- How can I tell the difference between the flu and COVID-19?
- Town of Swastika, NY chooses to keep its name
- City of Tampa to expand Riverwalk, revitalize West Tampa area
- UCF researchers hope to share COVID-19 study results with health officials