TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Police are investigating after a man was found shot and injured in some bushes near railroad tracks in Tampa.
The unidentified man, who is in his mid-20s, was taken to a hospital, where he later died.
Officers responded to reports of shots fired near the railroad tracks on 22nd Street, in an area where transients frequently gather, just south of Fowler Avenue at about 6:43 p.m. Thursday evening.
Police said they found a man in the bushes and that he had suffered multiple gunshot wounds. The man was rushed to Tampa General Hospital, but passed away.
Police said they will notify the man’s family before releasing his identity.
The circumstances surrounding his death remain unclear. Police said they are still looking for suspects.
Anyone with information should contact the Tampa Police Department at 813-231-6130 or to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-873-TIPS (8477) to be eligible for a cash reward.
- Volunteers build playground for 6-year-old South Carolina boy with leukemia
- Live: President Trump nominates Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court
- If Barrett joins, Supreme Court would have six Catholics
- Amy Coney Barrett, likely high court pick, is Scalia’s heir
- PTSD after COVID-19: ‘No doubt it’ll happen,’ says National Institute of Mental Health director