Man arrested after woman and young girl killed, boy injured

Hillsborough County

Deputies have arrested a man after a woman and child were found dead in Riverview overnight. A second child is in the hospital battling serious injuries.

The sheriff’s office says a 911 call came in around 11:45 Sunday night from a woman pleading for help, saying she had been shot.

Dispatchers said a man could be overheard in the background yelling “Allah Akbar!” and “She killed me.” The woman could then be heard screaming and saying, “I’m so sorry Ronnie.”

Just minutes later, a second 911 call came in from a man saying, “I’ve just been attacked by some white demons…She tried to kill me and I just killed her.” He then gave dispatchers an address on Pike Lake Drive.

When deputies responded to the area, they found 33-year-old Kenyatta Barron dead in the front yard of a neighbor’s home.

Firefighters also responded to the scene and found smoke and flames coming from a home next door.

As firefighters started to enter the home, deputies say the garage door automatically opened and the suspect, 29-year-old Ronnie Oneal, walked out toward deputies.

Authorities say Oneal ignored several orders to stop and get on the ground. Deputies then used their tasers on him and put him in the back of a patrol car. That’s when deputies say he began stating, “Allah Akbar.”

As fire rescue crews worked to battle the flames in the home, the suspect’s son, 8-year-old Ronnie Oneal IV, walked out with burns and multiple stab wounds. He told medical personnel at the scene, “My father shot my mother.” 

Firefighters continued to search the home and found a young girl dead with multiple stab wounds. 

An official with the medical examiner’s office says both the woman and the young girl who were pronounced dead at the scene appeared to be victims of a homicide.

Ronnie Oneal IV was taken to Tampa General Hospital for treatment of stab wounds to his torso and neck. 

Deputies say Oneal refused to give a statement during an interview. Investigators say he had a severe burn on his arm and a blister on his fingers. An incident report states he also smelled like gasoline.

Investigators at the scene say a red gasoline can was found inside a bedroom of the home. A K9 also detected ignitable liquids. 

Oneal was arrested on two counts of murder as well as one count of attempted murder, one count of arson and one count of resisting arrest.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Videos

More Video

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss