Lauren Nielsen was ecstatic to be crowed Miss Tampa 2019 last weekend at the 73nd Annual Miss Tampa Scholarship Pageant.
“This is a title I have not only dreamed of, but worked for. When you see your hard work result in success, it’s truly an empowering feeling,” Lauren said.
She is a 2015 graduate of the University of Tampa and is currently school teacher, voice and acting teacher and a professional performer.
“Uniquely You,” dealing with eating disorders and how to have a healthy body and mind, is Lauren’s passion and platform.
Lauren earned $5,000 in scholarship money, as well as the opportunity to compete at the Miss Florida Pageant later this year.
“The scholarship money helped me receive a zero-dollar balance on my college loans. I hope to do well at Miss Florida and ultimately Miss America and use the scholarship money to pursue a masters degree,” Lauren said.
She lives in the Sarasota-Bradenton area. In her free time, she loves to volunteer, perform in various musicals, sing in a church choir, frequently visit Disney World, and loves to snuggle her dog, Diva.
- Lauren Nielsen: Miss Tampa 2019 – $5,000 Scholarship
- Courtney Graham: First Runner-up – $2,500 Scholarship
- Julianna Chappell: Second Runner-up – $1,500 Scholarship
- Sarah Reed: Third Runner-up – $1,000 Scholarship
- Amber Boykin: Fourth Runner-up – $500 Scholarship
- Sarah Reed: The Cathy Pike Asbridge Spirit Award – $250 Scholarship