HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla (WFLA) –Jury selection will begin Monday in the trial of Granville Ritchie who is accused of killing 9-year-old Felecia Williams in 2014.
Police say Williams disappeared on May 16, 2014, after leaving her home with a family friend and going to an apartment in Temple Terrace where she met Ritchie.
Investigators found her body the next day on the east side of the Courtney Campbell Causeway.
In late summer 2014, Ritchie was charged with murder, sexual battery, and child abuse.
According to a Tampa Bay Times article, prosecutors are seeking the death penalty, which will be the first death penalty case in Hillsborough County due to a new state law in which a unanimous decision must be reached if the jury recommends death.
- What are the most dangerous Thanksgiving foods for dogs?
- Mother welcomes son just in time for the holidays after surviving tragic explosion
- Pedestrian killed while crossing 54th Avenue North in Lealman
- US jobless claims rise to 778,000 as pandemic worsens
- City of Largo bringing holiday cheer with annual light display at park