HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla (WFLA) –Jury selection will begin Monday in the trial of Granville Ritchie who is accused of killing 9-year-old Felecia Williams in 2014.
Police say Williams disappeared on May 16, 2014, after leaving her home with a family friend and going to an apartment in Temple Terrace where she met Ritchie.
Investigators found her body the next day on the east side of the Courtney Campbell Causeway.
In late summer 2014, Ritchie was charged with murder, sexual battery, and child abuse.
According to a Tampa Bay Times article, prosecutors are seeking the death penalty, which will be the first death penalty case in Hillsborough County due to a new state law in which a unanimous decision must be reached if the jury recommends death.
- Florida woman leaves infant home alone on Thanksgiving to go to bar, police say
- Fire Hazards During the Holiday Season
- A Go-To Holiday Ingredient That’s Both Good for You and Good for the Planet
- Big Game Bound: Playoff hopes remain alive for multiple teams as NFL enters Week 13
- The FDA cleared DigniCap® Scalp Cooling System that minimizes hair loss from certain chemotherapy treatments could soon be covered by insurance