HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — A Dover woman won $5 million from a scratch-off game she purchased at a gas station three days before her 33rd birthday.
The Florida Lottery said Ana Chavira bought the CASHWORD scratch-off game from a Circle K at 1609 Branch Forbes Road in Plant City. She’s chosen to receive her winnings as a one-time lump-sum payment of $3,915,000.
The scratch-off game costs $20 to play and includes eight prizes of $5 million and 24 prizes of $1 million.
The gas station will receive a $10,000 bonus commission for selling the winning ticket.
- 2 killed, 2 hospitalized in Hillsborough County crash
- Parkland parent shares best practices to prepare for shooting at Hernando Schools safety summit
- Tampa Electric’s tree trimming has neighborhood ‘in an uproar’
- Former Tampa-area player, Colts CB issues statement on NFL investigation into gambling violations
- Anna Shay, star of Netflix’s ‘Bling Empire,’ dies