HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — A Dover woman won $5 million from a scratch-off game she purchased at a gas station three days before her 33rd birthday.
The Florida Lottery said Ana Chavira bought the CASHWORD scratch-off game from a Circle K at 1609 Branch Forbes Road in Plant City. She’s chosen to receive her winnings as a one-time lump-sum payment of $3,915,000.
The scratch-off game costs $20 to play and includes eight prizes of $5 million and 24 prizes of $1 million.
The gas station will receive a $10,000 bonus commission for selling the winning ticket.
- Daylight saving time ends soon – here’s when we ‘fall back’
- Southwest Airlines offering ‘goodwill’ gesture to customers affected by cancellations: What does that mean?
- Alligator suspected of attacking dog amid gator displacement in Alabama, officials say
- Elephant herd heralds Halloween season by smashing giant pumpkins
- Celebrated actor Michael Caine, 88, says he’s made his last film, will retire from acting