HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A Steinbrenner High School teacher is accused of engaging in sexual misconduct with a student.
According to the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office, Jason Allgair, 35, faces 30 counts of authority figure engaging in sexual conduct with a student after detectives received an allegation that the teacher had a relationship with a 17-year-old student.
Deputies say from between October 2017 through May 2018, Allgair engaged in sexual acts with the female student both on and off-campus.
“The care and protection of young students is a teacher’s duty. Jason Allgair’s alleged actions violated the trust of not only one student, but also the parents, school faculty and community that entrusted him with their children, I commend the victim for finding the courage to speak out about what happened.”Hillsborough County Sheriff Chad Chronister
MORE TOP STORIES
- Gay Culverhouse, former Bucs president who helped injured players dies at 73
- Hillsborough County absentee ballots on their way to mailboxes
- Sarasota County beaches to remain open for July 4th holiday
- Where to see 4th of July fireworks in Tampa Bay
- Redskins to have ‘thorough review’ of name amid race debate