HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – UPDATE: Damian Tavares, 1, has been found safe.
ORIGINAL: Hillsborough County deputies are asking for the community’s help in finding a missing 1-year-old boy and his guardian.
Deputies say Damian Tavares, 1, was last seen Tuesday at his Brandon home near the intersection of Columbus Drive and Williams Road around 2 a.m.
The infant left with one of his guardians in a 2016 gray Nissan Altima with a Florida license plate JWDH80, according to the sheriff’s office.
Deputies say detectives have been unable to find Tavares and the guardian to verify the child’s well-being.
“There have been no known made threats toward the child, but our detectives need to make sure that he is being taken care of and is in good health,” said Sheriff Chad Chronister.
If you have any information on the 1-year-old’s whereabouts, please call the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office at 813-247-8200.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Khloe Kardashian tested positive for coronavirus
- Teen receives $1.3 million in scholarship offers
- Family says hero brother saved 9-year-old after man grabbed, tried to ‘drag’ boy out of corn maze
- Black leopard mauls man who paid to have pictures taken in Florida
- Battleground Florida: All eyes on Sunshine State in final stretch of 2020 election