TAMPA (WFLA) – The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the circumstances that led to a deadly shooting in Tampa.
Deputies responded to reports of shots fired at Raintree Oaks Apartments just after 10 p.m. on Jan. 10.
When deputies arrived at the scene, they located evidence that a shooting had occurred in the parking lot of the apartment complex but no shooting victim was located there.
At this time, a male victim had been dropped off at a local hospital with upper body trauma and despite life-saving efforts, later died due to his injuries.
“Through investigative means, deputies have determined the two incidents are related,” said Hillsborough County Sheriff Chad Chronister. “Deputies continue their investigation, interviewing witnesses and poring through evidence from the scene. We believe this is an isolated incident.”
If you have any information, you’re asked to call the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office at (813) 247-8200.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Johnson & Johnson aims to have 100 million one-dose COVID-19 vaccines by spring
- ‘Lucid Vending’ machines bring local art, novelty, joy to Pinellas Co. locations
- Child tax credit: Biden stimulus plan could give parents $300 a month per child
- Vita Vea in, Antonio Brown out for Bucs in NFC title game
- Senior living community residents get vaccinated in Polk Co. while thousands remain on waitlist