TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Dr. Dakeyan Chá Dré Graham from C. Leon King High School in Hillsborough County has been named the 2020 Florida Department of Education Teacher of the Year.
According to King High School’s website, Graham currently serves as the band director at the school, which is also his alma mater.
He has Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees in Music Education from the University of Florida, a Master’s in Educational Leadership from Concordia University and has a Ph.D. in Music Education from the University of South Florida.
Graham was one of five finalists for the teacher of the year award and was one of two local finalists.
The other finalists include:
- Shane Swezey, Oak Park School Sarasota County
- Leigh Ann Norris from Hamilton County Elementary School in Hamilton County
- Dr. Nicole Mosblech from Vero Beach High School in Indian River County
- Megan Crombie from Florida State University School in Leon County
The announcement was made at the Teacher of the Year Gala located in Orlando Thursday evening.
- Today marks last day for USPS ground shipping to arrive in time for Christmas
- Bath & Body Works huge sale today is bigger, better than Candle Day
- Army veteran gets 5 years for placing bomb at VA hospital
- Deputies searching for missing 12-year-old girl in Pasco County
- Police: Child witnesses man masturbate on woman in Walmart toy aisle