HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Hillsborough County Tax Collector has announced no unmarked graves have been found beneath its Hillsborough Avenue office.
Doug Belden, the Hillsborough County Tax Collector shared the recent Ground Penetrating Radar scan findings earlier this afternoon.
“Upon review of the final determination report that I received today, there are no underground structures or anomalies that reflect any graves buried on the site. “Allocating the time and resources to conduct a thorough investigation into potential graves on the property was an easy decision. It was just the right thing to do, and I’m happy that we are able to provide closure as it relates to this particular property,” said Belden.
This comes following the discovery of 145 coffins were discovered under portions of King High School’s campus in Tampa. During a meeting to discuss the findings, Hillsborough County Commissioner Les Miller mentions the possibility of yet another forgotten cemetery at MacDill Air Force Base, in the once predominately African-American area known as Port Tampa.
- Search underway for suspect who shot Walmart store manager in the leg in Bradenton
- Two Bradenton officers under investigation after dog attack, shooting
- President Trump talks Supreme Court nominee, election, coronavirus and football in NewsNation interview
- USF RB Johnny Ford says he has another chance to do what he loves this season
- Reese’s launches big cups with pretzels because ‘we’re all feeling a little bit salty’ in 2020