HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Hillsborough County has announced they will be temporarily discontinuing online registration for the coronavirus vaccine following a multitude of issues on Monday.
The Hillsborough County Emergency Operations Center announced on Monday evening it will be expanding the operational hours of its vaccine call center and will triple the number of call agents starting Tuesday, to help residents in this category secure needed appointments.
Are you having trouble signing up to get a coronavirus vaccine in the Tampa Bay area?
Fill out our 8 On Your Side form to report the problems you’re having.
The announcement comes following the county saying its online scheduling service was not available for most of the day on Monday.
The call center will be open until 8 p.m. tonight, Monday, Jan. 4, and will operate from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 5.
Appointments are available by calling (888) 755-2822.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Norwegian Cruises ends COVID-19 testing, vaccination requirements
- Biden clarifies COVID comments: Pandemic ‘basically is not where it was’
- Biden draws heat for saying pandemic is over
- COVID-19 could more than double chance of Alzheimer’s disease in seniors, study says
- Heath experts weigh in on new COVID boosters