HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office is unveiling its new vocational training center Monday aimed to prepare inmates for the working world after they’re released.
The Vocational Training Center is a 10,000 square foot facility that will house several new inmate programs that will teach them trades like welding and carpentry.
The sheriff’s office says the training center was built to prepare inmates for life after they finish their sentences, giving them the skills and certificates they need to enter the working world.
The training center is located at 520 N. Falkenburg Rd. in Tampa.
- Pinellas County opens 9 new donation sites for PPE
- Singer Pink says she had COVID-19, gives $1M to relief funds
- Pres. Trump, White House coronavirus task force plan Saturday afternoon briefing
- City of Tampa gets creative with ‘social distance’ messages
- WATCH LIVE: Arkansas Governor Hutchinson to provide COVID-19 update to public at 1:30 p.m.